Home / Blogs / 9 reasons we love titanium rings
9 reasons we love titanium rings
06 June 2015
Titanium rings have grown tremendously in popularity over the past few years. For the 10 years that Katannuta Diamonds has been manufacturing wedding rings for men in South Africa, titanium has been by far the most popular choice for men's wedding bands. Why is that? There are a number of reasons, but here are the top 8 reasons that we love titanium rings:
1. Titanium rings are hypoallergenic. Because titanium is a pure metal and is not alloyed with other metals, it is ideal for people with sensitive skin as it will not cause any skin irritation or discomfort.
2. These rings will not corrode, rust or lose their colour over time. You can thus be assured that your ring will stay in good shape over your lifetime.
3. Rings can be manufactured in an infinite variety of designs to suit your individual tastes. With precious metal inlays available in yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, silver and platinum, you'll be sure to find a ring that you love. You could even design your own unique ring using a combination of metals.
4. Rings manufactured from titanium are resistant to wear. Have you ever noticed how gold rings, particularly 18ct gold rings, wear down, narrow and get thinner over time? Titanium is resistant so the ring you buy now will last you a lifetime. In fact, the chance is high that the ring will last longer than you do.
5. If you like gemstones in your ring, you're in luck for rings cast of titanium can be set with a variety of gemstones. Black diamonds are proving popular additions to men's jewellery and a titanium ring set with a subtle black diamond is strikingly beautiful.
6. The finishes on rings manufactured in titanium can be tailored to your individual tastes. Many people are drawn to a polished titanium finish, others prefer a satin finish or a brushed finish. All are beautiful, but which is your favourite?
7. They are extremely cost effective. With plain rings available from R700, grooved rings from less than R860 and precious metal inlays available from approximately R1,100, there is a ring to suit your budget.
8. They are exceptionally lightweight. Is the man in your life averse to wearing a wedding band because he's not used to wearing rings? A titanium band is the perfect answer - compared to gold and platinum, they are so light that he won't realise he's wearing a ring.
9. As people look for intimate and unique ways to personalise their rings, fingerprint engraving is becoming more and more popular. Titanium rings are perfect for engraving a fingerprint on either the inside or the outside of the ring. Because titanium is such a resistant, durable metal, there is no danger of the fingerprint being worn off the ring due to wear and tear over time.
Titanium rings truly are the future of men's jewellery - and, for women who like that style, women too. There are an infinite number of titanium designs available for purchase today, but make sure you order the correct size as rings manufactured from titanium cannot be re-sized once cast. Choose your ideal ring today and contact us to place your order.